What type of insurance does a start-up or small business really need?

It depends on the type of business you are running – but you may need product liability, professional indemnity, directors’ and officers’ indemnity and cyber liability. If you have premises, merchandise and expensive equipment you may also need buildings and contents insurance, and car/van insurance for your work vehicles.

If you are employing people you will need work cover. If in doubt, talk to an insurance broker.

How to find a broker. http://www.ibna.com.au/html/default.cfm

Need more information? https://www.business.vic.gov.au/setting-up-a-business/how-to-start-a-business/find-the-right-insurance

Share The Story