Whilst women have made some significant inroads into the start-up and entrepreneurial business scene in recent years, they still face challenges accessing support and funding. We have listed below some of the key programs and resources that specifically support female founders and start-ups.
- The Boosting Female Founders Initiative provides female founders with grant funding to scale their businesses.
- Victorian Women’s Trust community grants program for women and girls.
- Women’s Economic Security Project builds opportunities through employment initiatives.
Investors & Accelerators
- Female Founders Fund – seed venture for female-founded businesses.
- She Scales Globally – networking and scale up
- Scale investors – angel funding for female entrepreneurs.
- Women Founders Angel Sidecar Fund – angel funding for women founders commencing mid 2021.
- Springboard enterprises – accelerator and programs to help women entrepreneurs to grow their businesses
- She Starts – a venture-backed start-up accelerator for females
- SBE Australia – a leading accelerator program for women.
- Atto Accelerator – a new entrepreneurship school for female founders.
Many councils and business associations run networking and other events for female start-ups and business owners. Some councils also provide grant funding.
The Resource directory for women entrepreneurs is a useful guide to what is available.