To run a successful start-up requires time, money, skills and commitment. Here are 8 useful tips from INNOVIC’s Commercialisation Director, Richard Milne:
- Research your new idea to see if already exists
- Develop your idea to early concept stage to ascertain its viability
- Don’t file for IP protection until you have proof of concept
- Be prepared to prototype more than once to get it right
- Don’t scrimp on brand development
- Surround yourself with appropriate experts and listen to them
- Ensure your budget includes marketing expenses
- Most start-ups go over budget and exceed their time lines – so plan accordingly.
Need more in-depth information? Listen to Start ups: How to succeed – a comprehensive interview with Richard Milne. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6867613384536399872/
Are you an innovator, start up or SME? Want the latest news on grants, programs, free resources etc? INNOVIC’s December newsletter has it all!
INNOVIC is a commercialisation specialist. We can help with grants, market research, design, prototyping, manufacturing, licensing and more. Contact us on (03) 8060 3504 or www.innovic.com.au.